Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who got you into it?

Who got you into it?

I'm just curious who got you guys into collecting? For me it was my dad when we were cleaning out the garage I found a box with my name on it..just loaded with boxes packs singles etc..ever since then i've collected.

Also:

Do any of your parents collect? My dad is 50 and he still does...got him some A&Gs for fathers day:P

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    i got into collecting when i was a kid, my neighbor collected baseball cards and whenever I was over at his house, he would give me some cards... just instantly fell in love with it I guess

Technically my Aunt got me into collecting when I was about 7-8. She cleaned houses for a living and was cleaning a house of a deceased person. The owners kids said my aunt could grab anything that might look interesting. So she ended up grabbing a box trhat had a ton of old hockey cards in it. Mostly 80/81 & 81/82 OPC. She gave them all to me as I was the ONLY Hockey loving person inour family, the rest of the fam could not care less about hockey. (o:I have been an on & off collector ever since.

As for the cllecting parents....

When I was 13 my Mom was about to get married. Well I didn't like the guy very much (lol) and his way of getting me to like him was to find a common hobby we both could share...lol....guess what that was? Yup, collecting hockey cards. My stepdad put together each OPC set from 70/71 through 89/90, crazy....Me and him would hit every card show and shop on Vancouver Island there was, and man did he ever like to spend the $$ on cards. He still has his collection, but he does not collect as much anymore.

My brother actually got me into collecting, he did Hockey, so i got into Hockey for a year, but i knew nothing about it so got quickly out..lol then did Baseball/Basketball, in 2003-04 season, i chose a great year to start Basketball wise..lol

i then stopped pretty much till 2005 late in the year because my Dad actually stole my cards except for my rookies which for an odd reason i put in a manilla envelope, glad i did, had tons of LeBron/Wade etc in there at the time, but lost everything else...got into Football in 2006 as well, and havent stopped since!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Collecting is always nice for bonding..Ive collected since late 90s mostly early 2000's I stopped 7th-9th grade because I was so worried about what people think of me etc..I started again this year at the middle of my 10th grade year because now I realized it doesn't matter aslong as you can beat them up. ha.

Good stories keep sharing.

I've been collecting baseball since before I can remember.

I have just recently started collecting basketball and football.

My Dad and Uncle got me into collecting when i was younger. My dad doesn't collect anymore but my uncle got me back into it since i moved down to San Diego and i saw him more.
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos: Dodgers, UCLA, Lakers, Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by Glebe View Post
    ...I realized it doesn't matter aslong as you can beat them up. ha.

Every Saturday at my baseball park there was a guy who would set up there and sell baseball cards i guess he got me into it and ive been collecting ever since

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast